Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Bonds, Barry Bonds

More big baseball news today and instead of a literal death, this may mean the figurative death to Bonds' records he holds now (7 MVP's, 73 HR single-season, 708 HR career total) and records he may break including the career HR records of Babe Ruth and Henry Aaron. Oh how the mighty fall fast. Read up on the excerpts from the upcoming book to out Bonds and the rest of the BALCO brewhaha in this article from SFGATE.com. Want some good laughs? Read the comments section attached to the podcast link in the article. These left-coast Bonds fanatics can't see past their admiration for what I believe is still one of the greatest baseball players of all time. I mean I admire the guy for all that he had done in the game until '98, but come on fellas all these facts and witnesses can't even be made up in Hollyweird. BTW, yes I am going for the record for post entries in a day (even though all of the words in my several posts don't equal the words in Pauly's one great post today).

4 Comments:

At Tue Mar 07, 03:26:00 PM CST, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

What! You trying to break my record!!

 
At Tue Mar 07, 03:42:00 PM CST, Blogger Randy G said...

Thanks sirwal, I'm not sure what I as a low-limit player can offer as bounty, but you win my undying affection as first comment ever on my blog.

 
At Tue Mar 07, 04:54:00 PM CST, Blogger jwald said...

in 98 he wasn't one of the best players ever, and he had no records. So, he was an above average middle aged non-superstar. SO JUICE! Now he holds records and is a superstar.

 
At Tue Mar 07, 05:03:00 PM CST, Blogger Randy G said...

um, jwald please look at baseballreference.com, player search for barry bonds, not bobby and look at his stats/award up until '98 and tell me he wasn't a future HOF'er. Please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home